**Happy Friday Insurance Update- Insurance Not Available**Avoid Shipping on Friday as Shipments will NOT Arrive Until Monday at the Earliest **; ALERT- Service Disruptions (See Alerts Below)
Note: Insurance is not available on Fridays asthe package will not arrive until the following Monday or Tuesday. Never ship on a Friday. There is to be no live shipping on Fridays, as the package won't deliver until the following week.
If you ship without purchasing insurance, you do so entirely at your own risk and financial liability! Ship according to SYR, SYI and SYA Shipping Standards, Packaging Guidelines, and Temperature Guidelines. See our Shipping Standards section:
ALERTS: Due to natural events some areas have not returned to full service.
Please be cautious as to where you’re sending your live animals. Do not ship into or out of areas with forecasted daytime highs of 100+ degrees! And only drop it off at a hub, and have it picked up at a hub, if temps are above 90.
In general- Always be mindful of any weather issues at both the shipping origin and the destination (storms and temps) and package in anticipation of delays just in case there are issues.
Note: Consider using Phase24 packs if necessary, as they make it possible to ship from and to areas with straddling temperatures. Check out the Shipping Supplies tab on our website.
REMEMBER: FedEx has ZERO liability on live shipments, and they will not issue any refunds on live packages that are late, lost, damaged, or DOA. Our On-Time and Live Arrival Insurance is the only way to protect yourself in the event of a late, lost, or DOA shipment.
Insurance Eligibility Requirements
Note: Insurance is not available on Thursdays and Fridays, and there is no live shipping on Fridays. If you ship without purchasing insurance, you do so entirely at your own risk and financial liability! Ship according to SYR, SYI and SYA Shipping Standards, Packaging Guidelines, and Temperature Guidelines. See our Shipping Standards section:
FAQ- Shipping Standards
FedEx Service Alerts
ATTN: All Reptiles and Amphibians, and most Aquatics MUST BE SHIPPED PRIORITY OVERNIGHT!
Ship Like A Pro!
View current FedEx Service Disruptions.
1. Avoid shipping anything live on Mondays and Thursdays. Tuesdays and Wednesdays remain the safest shipping days FedEx-wise.
2. Do not call FedEx! Call or email us directly with any issues. FedEx has ZERO liability on live shipments, no matter what FedEx customer service might tell you!
3. Our On Time and Live Arrival Insurance is the only way to protect yourself when shipping live animals through FedEx. Only certain shipments are eligible for insurance coverage. Any uninsured shipments are at the shipper's own risk.
3. No handwarmers, ever. Handwarmers and heat packs with durations less than 40 hours kill animals.
4. Using any heat pack in a box smaller than ~12x9x6 can easily kill animals.
5. Using any heat pack when temps at either the origin or destination are 70F or above can easily kill animals.
If you are dealing with straddling temps or have any concerns whatsoever, contact us for recommendations!